Friday, March 13, 2009

The Red Envelope Project



Hello, all of my friends and fellow bloggers, I have come across some information that has laid heavy on my heart over the past few days. This movement is called "The Red Envelope Project" and from my research was started my a man named Christ (pronounced like wrist) Otto. I am personally Pro Life but friends, please here me out even if you are on the other side of the fence about the issue of abortion. Those of you who have been following me for some time now, know that I am never shy about my convictions and beliefs and I couldn't be aware of this issue and remain silent. Our new President Barack Obama is awaiting the signing of a bill that will lift ALL restrictions on the state level on abortion. Do you hear what I am saying? This bill, if passed, will lift ALL restrictions on the state level on abortions. What does this mean exactly...Well, first of all this means that partial birth abortion will be legal. (Partial birth abortion is when the mother can choose to have an abortion procedure any time up and through the third trimester) I won't go into the details of how this is preformed for it is quite graphic. If you are interested in knowing you can google it. Are you kidding me, this is no longer pro-life/pro-choice. What else does this mean for American's? This bill will also lift the parental consent law. As it stands right now most of our 50 states has a law that says if you are a minor you must have parental consent to have an abortion. This will no longer be. This is also no longer a pro-life/pro-choice issue, this my friends is a parental issue. I for one, should my daughter end up pregnant, do not want my child to be able to do this without first coming to me for support. What about the fact that hospitals may be forced to preform abortions. That leaves both Dr's and nurses being forced to go against their own personal convictions and beliefs in order to save their jobs. This my friends is no longer a pro-life/pro-choice issue. This is am AMERICAN issue. We have had a ton of men and women die for your freedom and mine, for our right to serve whomever we choose and to live by our own convictions and moral beliefs. Please watch the video below and take a stand with me on March 31st.

1 comment:

Patti J said...

Sigh...what are things coming to?